Check out our healthy blueberry pancake recipe
Do you love pancakes? If you do, you’ve found the right article! Pancakes are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack-time. If you eat pancakes often, why not try out a healthy recipe the whole family can enjoy?
Our particular recipe is a guilt-free sweet treat - great for breakfast or dessert.
Why we love blueberries
Wondering why we’re using blueberries in our pancake recipe? Here are the many amazing benefits blueberries are known for:
- High in nutrients, such as fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese
- Low in calories - an entire cup contains less than 90 calories
- High in antioxidants, preventing ageing and disease
- Tied to lower blood pressure
- Helps you maintain brain function and improve memory
- Reduces risk of diabetes
- Improves muscle recovery
- Reduces DNA damage, preventing cancer and ageing
Check out our raw organic superfood supplement.
Healthy blueberry pancake recipe
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 beaten eggs
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup of delicious blueberries
- ½ cup cooked oats
- Butter for cooking (you can use oil too but butter makes the edges of the pancake crispy!)
- Whisk mashed bananas, beaten eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix in oats and fold in blueberries - keeping them whole.
- Heat a pan to medium heat.
- Line the pan with butter.
- Scoop out pancake batter onto the pan and roll around the pan so that the batter spreads thinly and evenly.
- Cook until you see bubbles form on the batter and then flip and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Add honey, cream, ice cream or any fruit that tickles your taste buds
Optional healthy blueberry sauce recipe
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon’s zest
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover pan with a lid and bring ingredients to simmer on medium heat.
- Remove pan lid and continue to simmer for 15 minutes or until liquids have combined.
- Serve the delicious blueberry sauce over blueberry pancakes.