Vitex Agnus Castus, also known as chastetree berry is a hormone balancing herbal supplement that helps relieve the symptoms of menopause, PMS and irregular menstruation and cramps.
- Reduces PMS symptoms
- Minimises fibrocystic breast symptoms
- Regulates ovulation and promotes fertility.
- Treats menopausal difficulties.
- Relieves the pain of endometriosis.
- Controls menstrual related acne.
How it works
- Works via the pituitary to increase progesterone and decrease prolactin.
- Regulates the menstrual cycle, where the cause is a hormonal imbalance.
- For suppressed menses from the contraceptive pill, emotional upset, exercise and illness
- Valuable for PMS or excess bleeding.
- Rebalances the estrogen and progesterone balance (or excess of estrogen).
- Particularly for cyclic breast tenderness or hormonally responsive cysts.
- Increases the flow of breast milk by affecting the pituitary’s prolactin secretion
- Helps to re-regulate the menstrual cycle after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Treats impotence, infertility and emissions, especially in old age, from sexual over-indulgence, excess masturbation, or after venereal disease.
- Regulates the pituitary, increase sperm count and testosterone
- Working via the pituitary, increases progesterone formation in the body.
- Normalizes menstrual cycle, increasing fertility (may take 12-18 months).
- Counters hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety, too frequent periods.
- Reduces anxiety, irritability, insomnia, headache, mood change, tension, breast tenderness, water retention, bloating and sweet cravings.
Avoid if you are taking birth control or hormonal supplements (estrogen and progesterone). Not suitable for anemic women. Do not use during pregnancy. Some people reported an itchy rash with prolonged use. Vitex can cause headache or increased menstrual flow.