Bacopa is truly a great overall brain tonic. Bacopin (Bacopa) is a tropical plant that is generally known for its cognitive and memory improving capabilities.
Unique feature: Standardized Extract – 20% bacopin
Key benefits of:
- Cognitive Function
- Memory and concentration
- Depression and feelings of anxiety
- Antioxidant properties
- Asthma, bronchitis and allergies
How it works
- Improves intellect capacity, acuity, clarity of thought and concentration.
- Improves memory consolidation, early information processing and shortens learning time.
- Improves higher-order cognitive processes.
- Modulation of serotonin and acetylcholine and other important neurotransmitters.
- Protects the arteries from lipid peroxidation (oxidation reaction from cholesterol and triglycerides) and prevents the formation of plaque in the arteries.
- Side effects may include nausea, dry mouth, thirst & fatigue.
- Not suitable for those with heart problems or irregular heartbeat.
- May not be suitable for those taking thyroid medication, calcium-blocking medication or sedatives.
- Not suitable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Why Use Bacopin?
Bacopa contains bacosides and saponins which have a very beneficial effect on the brain’s neurotransmitters and also help to repair neurons that have become damaged.
The bacosides in this herb possess antioxidant activity and help protect the brain from free radical damage.
Through the consumption of Bacopa, one can greatly increase synaptic activity and the speed of nerve transmission and impulses. This in turn makes the thinking process faster and improves the speed of memory recall. Memory itself is enhanced due to Bacopa increasing the levels of Acetylcholine in the brain. Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter that shuttles messages from one brain cell to another.
Many studies have proven significant improvement in the area of long and short-term memory in people who consistently take a Bacopa herbal extract. While it’s beneficial for people of all ages, anyone over the age of 40 will most likely benefit most from it. It can go a long way in keeping your brain and memory sharp.
Not only is this herb beneficial for the conditions mentioned above, it’s also great for its anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects. People taking this herb often report that they are better able to handle stress and feel less anxious and depressed than usual.