At Sfera Bio Nutrition we are implementing some changes, which we would like to share with you. We are making label improvements and updates and are switching over to gold-coloured child-proof lids. These changes have been phased in over the last year and you may still encounter some of our stock with black lids, and previous label versions that are still in circulation during this time.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Peptan® Collagen is a global brand under Rousselot’s Health and Nutrition segment. Peptan® are bioactive collagen peptides that deliver multiple health benefits and functional properties.
- Source of the essential amino acids histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, valine for the maintenance of good health and involved in protein synthesis.
- Source of non-essential amino acids alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, proline, serine, tyrosine involved in protein synthesis.
- Source of essential amino acid L-Lysine to help in collagen formation.
- Helps to assist joint health and joint inflammation.
Warnings & Precautions
Reported side-effects of Sfera Collagen are mild gastrointestinal disturbances.
Take special care with Sfera Collagen:
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have been instructed to follow a low protein diet.
Children and adolescents: Children and adolescents under the age of 18 years should not take Sfera Collagen.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Do not take Sfera Collagen if you are pregnant, or you are breastfeeding your baby, please consult your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider for advice before taking this medicine.
 SAHPRA Complementary Medicines – Health Supplements Safety and Efficacy. (7.04 June20)
 Sfera Collagen Patient information leaflet
 Canadian Monograph: Hydrolyzed Collagen
 Kleinnijenhuis, A.J., 2019. Non-targeted and targeted analysis of collagen hydrolysates during the course of digestion and absorption. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2019 Dec 24. doi: 10.1007/s00216-019-02323-x.
 Ichikawa, S. et al., 2010, Hydroxyproline-containing dipeptides and tripeptides quantified at high concentration in human blood after oral administration of gelatine hydrolysate. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 61 (1):52-60