Magnesium citrate is elemental magnesium bound to a citrate salt. When magnesium is bound to a citrate salt it’s more easily dissolved and absorbed by the body. Magnesium is arguably the most important mineral in the body and beneficial for easing cramps, headaches, stress, anxiety.
Magnesium is known as nature’s tranquiliser
Magnesium citrate main uses: general magnesium supplement and constipation relief.
Magnesium Citrate with B6 in its coenzyme form, pyridoxal-5-phosphate (P-5-P) as absorption factor.
- Bone Health
- Calcium Absorption
- Helps with better quality sleep
- Protects your Heart
- High Blood pressure
- Premenstrual Symptoms
- Relieving Anxiety
How it works
- The main function of magnesium citrate is to draw water into the intestines and then creates a mild laxative effect.
- Softens the stool and makes it easier to pass
- Assimilating calcium and activating vitamin D
- Important for health bone density
- Magnesium prepares your body for sleep by relaxing your muscles. It also calms the nerves by regulating neurotransmitters that keeps you awake.
- Low magnesium in the body has been linked to increased risk of heart disease. This is because it plays an important role of keeping calcium of tissues like blood vessels and getting the calcium to your bones.
- Magnesium relaxes the smooth muscle cells, meaning those in your veins and arteries, to relax the constriction of blood flow.
- Helps to calm down the spasms of the bronchial muscle
- The combination of Magnesium and B6 is effective for the relief of PMS symptoms – irritability, tension and anxiety
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
Do not take magnesium if you have kidney failure or have a bleeding disorder.
Do not take concurrently with antibiotics.
Magnesium Citrate pulls water into the intestine from other areas in the body, so drink additional fluids to prevent dehydration.
MORE ON MAGNESIUM:
Magnesium and B Vitamins are vital to improving the health of your organs and bones. A deficiency in Magnesium can lead to cardiovascular problems‚ bone weakness and bone loss‚ and issues with your body’s ability to produce and process insulin.
Magnesium aids in the metabolising of vitamin B6 faster. This vitamin is an important part of your diet since it breaks down amino acids‚ which are vital for brain health. Magnesium can also strengthen your muscle tissue‚ relieve joint pain‚ and improve your brain’s ability to function effectively. The mineral works with calcium to make your teeth and bones stronger. The right amount of magnesium in your diet may also assist your body in processing vitamins and other chemicals that break down protein and fat in the digestive tract.
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate better known as P5P (Vitamin B6):
Vitamin B6 can be found in three different forms. In order to get nutritional value out of these forms, they must first be converted into P-5-P in the liver. So P-5-P is the active night form of Vitamin B6. P-5-P is a coenzyme, meaning that it works with enzymes to help them accomplish their tasks more quickly and efficiently and thus is a crucial element of biosynthesis. When P-5-P is taken in its purest form, it doesn’t have to go through the conversion process in the liver, meaning it’s possible people can then get more benefit out of the nutrient, especially when used with magnesium.
Benefits of P-5-P
As such an important part of healthy functions in the brain and body, P-5-P offers a variety of possible benefits. Here are some of the most noteworthy:
- More Physical Energy
- More Mental Energy
- Memory Formation & Protection