Milk Thistle is a liver-protective herb and can help reduce damage caused to your liver by alcohol, rich foods and certain medications.
Milk Thistle with phosphatidyl choline combination for increased absorption in the liver.
- While milk thistle is most often used for liver conditions, such as hepatitis and cirrhosis, the herb is also said to fight the following health issues.
- Increases the production of glutathione, a potent detoxifying agent.
- Stimulates the growth of new, healthy liver cells.
- Has the ability to regulate blood sugar levels and helps to prevent the progression of diabetes – related kidney disease.
- Gallbladder disorders by phase two detoxification of the liver.
- Decreases the severity of a hangover due to the ability to cleanse the liver.
- Improves liver function by keeping toxic substances from binding to liver cells
- May reduce high cholesterol
- May improve the severity of seasonal allergies.
- Relieves inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis
How it works
- Protect against damage to the liver by alcohol, drugs and toxins.
- Powerfully regenerates damaged liver tissue, essential for cirrhosis.
- Decreases chemical and environmental sensitivity in fibromyalgia.
- Potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger, protecting cells
- Liver detoxification, regeneration and protection from toxic damage.
- Reduced cholesterol levels in bile, helps to treat and prevent gallstones.
- Liver antioxidants that fights inflammation in bile ducts of gallbladder.
- Increases overall immune response, protect the liver against toxins and poisons.
- Increases the vital antioxidants glutathione and superoxide dismutase.
- Inhibits HIV replication through its anti-inflammatory properties.
THE ROLE OF THE PHOSPHATIDYL CHOLINE:
- Phosphatidylcholine in the Milk Thistle complex helps for better absoption of the silybin contained in the milk thistle. The phosphatidylcholine helps to improve the solubility of the bile and more silybin is delivered to liver and galbladder.
The formula also includes a liver supporting blend:
Dandelion root: Widely recognised as a liver tonic as it nourishes the liver. Aids skin problems as well as detoxify poisons and toxic waste in the body.
Artichoke: Helps to prevent stomach ulcers and cardiovascular disease. Cleanses the liver of toxins.
Turmeric: Helps to repair and regenerate the liver. Works as an anti-inflammatory as well.
Milk thistle may cause loose stool and abdominal bloating and indigestion.
Do not use in pregnancy, unless advised by health care professional.