Sfera Vitamin D3 has added MCT (Medium-chain triglycerides) which provides a fatty acid base for absorption. Medium-chain fatty acids have 6 – 12 carbon atoms and given the shorter chain lengths of MCT’s, they are rapidly broken down and absorbed into the body.
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorous
- A factor in the maintenance of good health
- Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet and regular exercise may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
- Contributes to normal cell division
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
Warnings & Precautions
Sfera Vitamin D3 1000 I.U. has no known side effects.
Sfera Vitamin D3 1000 I.U. may be detrimental to persons already receiving an adequate intake through diet and exposure to sunlight.
Children and adolescents: Should not exceed the usual daily dose.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider for advice before taking this medicine.
 SAHPRA Complementary Medicines – Health Supplements Safety and Efficacy. (7.04 June20)
 Sfera Vitamin D3 1000 I.U. patient information leaflet
 Absorption of a pharmacological dose of Vitamin D3 from two different lipid vehicles in man. Biopharmaceutics & Drugs disposition, Vol. 11, 807-815 (1990)
Inger Holmber, Lage Adsnes, Tomas Berlin, Bengt Lindbäck, Justine Semgals and Björn Lindeke