5-HTP Complex (Griffonia Seed Extract)
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days
5-HTP is an amino acid produced naturally by the body. It is used by the body to produce serotonin, which regulates mood, sleep and appetite. Due to a busy lifestyle and stress, this amino acid is depleted, and supplementation is required.
5-HTP is sourced from Griffiona seeds and our 5-HTP complex is formulated to include active Vit B6, also known as P5P for improved absorption by the body. Support your body by taking our 5-HTP Complex and alleviate stress, anxiety, headaches, sleeplessness and fatigue.
5HTP (Griffonia Seed Extract) 60vcaps
One vegetarian capsule provides:
Griffonia Seed Extract 98% 100mg
Vitamin B6 as P-5-P (Pyridoxal 5 phosphate) 20mg
Magnesium Orotate (11%) 300mg
(providing 33mg elemental magnesium)
Vegetarian capsule shell
- Adults: As a food supplement, take 1 capsule daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Mood enhancement: 1 capsule 3 times a day
- Chronic pain relief: 1 capsule 3-4 times a day
- Migraines: 2 capsules 2-3 times a day
- Sleep aid: 3 capsules 30-45min before bed
- Weight aid: 3 capsules 30 min prior to a meal
We have added P5P (Vit B6) to 5-HTP and why P5P (Vit B6) work best together.
There are upwards of 160 known vital reactions in the body in which pyridoxal phosphate – the active form of vitamin B6 – is necessary for. One such reaction is the metabolism of L-tryptophan into 5-HTP; thus, supplementing with vitamin B6 also increases 5-HTP levels in your brain.
Key benefits of Griffonia Seed Extract Supplement
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders like depression and anxiety
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Binge eating disorder
- PMS and menopausal symptoms
How it works
The body produces serotonin through a series of chemical steps, starting with the amino acid L-Tryptophan. One of the chemicals on the way from transforming L-tryptophan to serotonin is 5-HTP. Griffonia seed extract is a source of naturally derived 5-HTP.
Letting go of excess weight
5-HTP may increase feelings of fullness, causing you to eat less and lose weight
By increasing serotonin levels, 5-HTP can help treat depression.
Increased serotonin levels may benefit fibromyalgia symptoms and the reduction of pain.
5-HTP produces serotonin, which can be converted into the hormone melatonin. Melatonin plays an important role in regulating sleep. Its levels begin to rise in the evening to promote sleep and fall in the morning to help wake you up.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
- Do not take 5-HTP in conjunction with other medications for depression that increase serotonin, such as SSRIs or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). Combining the two can cause serotonin levels to become dangerously high.
- Doses of around 200 to 300 mg per day of 5-HTP seem to be fairly well-tolerated. The most common side effects reported with 5-HTP include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Less common side effects include a headache, insomnia, and heart palpitations. Gastrointestinal side effects appear to be dose-dependent and tend to lessen over time.