Delivery in 2 - 3 working days
A fast-paced modern lifestyle can take its toll on our digestive system. L-Glutamine powder is a powerful amino acid, which helps to improve digestion and enhances brain function. It is known as brain fuel due to its ability to readily pass the blood-brain barriers.
L-Glutamine can benefit athletic performance in that it promotes muscle growth, decreases muscle wasting, boosts endurance and improves the metabolism. Our 100% pure L-Glutamine is super fuel for your body and brain.
One level teaspoon provides:
L-Glutamine 3500 mg
As a food supplement, take 1 level teaspoon daily in 250ml of water or juice, or as directed by your health professional. It is suggested to stay away from protein and meals for a maximum effect, ideally taken 30 – 60 min before or after a meal.
General Adult dose: 3.5g (1 level teaspoon per day)
Malabsorption: up to 5 level teaspoons per day for 4 weeks
Exercise performance: up to 0.9g/kg of Glutamine Powder used for 6 weeks
Children: 0.3g/kg of body weight for 5 – 7 days to be used with conditions that include critical illness. Crohn’s disease, diarrhoea, muscular dystrophy, malnutrition and sickle cell anaemia.
Glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid found in the muscles of the body. Because it can readily pass the blood-brain barriers, it is known as a brain fuel.
- Promotes muscle growth and decreases muscle wasting.
- Diverticular disorders
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Improves Irritable bowel disease by balancing mucus production.
- Prostate problems
- Helps to heal Stomach ulcers and leaky gut.
- Brain fuel
- Curbs craving for sugar and alcohol
- Help to replenish Glutathione levels in the body
- Helps to replenish Glutathione levels in the body
How it works
- In the brain glutamine is converted into glutamic acid – which is essential for brain functioning.
- It also increases the amount of GABA, which is needed to sustain proper brain function and mental activity.
- Glutamine assists in maintaining the proper acid/alkaline balance in the body, and the maintenance of a healthy digestive tract.
- Glutamine is found in large amounts in the muscles and is readily available when needed for the syntheses of skeletal muscle proteins.
- It helps to prevent any muscle wasting that can accompany prolonged bed rest and diseases like cancer and Aids.
- Glutamine preserves glutathione in the liver and protects the organ from the effects of alcohol.
- Decreases sugar cravings and the desire for alcohol.
Advise patients with Cirrhosis or Hepatic encephalopathy to avoid taking Glutamine supplements. Due to it being metabolised into Ammonia which might worsen their condition.
Theoretically, Glutamine, which is metabolised to the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate, might antagonise the anticonvulsant effects of medications taken for epilepsy and should be taken with caution.