Looking for healthy ways to get energy?
We’d like to show you healthy ways to get energy. Working towards your personal and professional goals requires ample energy. 2019 is your year to feel healthy and energised!
Over the last few years, we were introduced to numerous fad diets and supplements that didn’t work. We believe that natural is best. It has stood the test of time and offered real results.
Here’s our list of healthy ways to get energy
Improve your gut health
Modern diets, sedentary lifestyles, excess stress and medications affect your gut immensely.
By increasing your probiotics (good gut bacteria), you can improve your energy levels sans synthetic boosters and strong chemicals.
How can probiotics help you?
Probiotics help your body break down and digest food, while absorbing and making full use of all the good nutrients in food. A healthy digestive system will also:
- Prevent cravings
- Regulate blood sugar
- Regulate our metabolism
- Prevent weight gain
- Improve immune system
- Improve sleep
These factors all contribute to keeping your energy levels up and stable.
How can you improve your gut health?
To get your body’s pH balance and equilibrium, do the following:
- Drink more water
- Reduce alcohol consumption - stay alcohol free for two to four weeks
- Avoid aspirin
- Reduce soda consumption - even sugar-free sodas contain artificial sweeteners that affect your colon, which causes weight gain
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Eat lots of fermented foods, such as yogurt, kefir and kombucha
- Eat foods rich in polyphenols, such as dark chocolate, red wine, green tea, blueberries and broccoli
2. Get your hands on medicinal herbs and spices
Reishi, lavender, goji berries and maca are natural and healthy ingredients you can use in smoothies, stews, soups and teas. Treat fatigue the natural way with healthy, medicinal herbs and spices. Here are our two favourite healthy supplements packed with powerful, healing ingredients:
Sfera Chocolate Bliss Hot Chocolate
Chocolate Bliss contains reishi mushroom, which provides a good source of natural energy. Not only does it increase energy but it also provides anti-ageing and immune boosting benefits. Find out more.
Maca Extra Strength Superfood Supplement
This supplement improves sports performance and energy levels. It is a popular product, trusted by bodybuilders and athletes for improving energy and increasing muscle mass. Find out more.
3. Keep hydrated - all the time
There is no way around it. You need to drink water every day to stay healthy. Dehydration can impair your concentration. Make sure you keep hydrated to stay awake and alert.
How can you trick yourself into drinking more water?
- Set a goal - you should aim to drink at least 2 litres of water per day
- Keep your water bottle full
- Download an app that tracks your water intake
- Drink a glass of water after every trip to the bathroom
- Drink infused water - you can add fresh fruit, veggies and herbs to spunk up your water
- Water down other drinks - add lots of ice and some water to dilute drinks such as lemonade, ice tea and fruit juice
- Drink herbal teas
- Drink a glass of water between every alcoholic drink
When are the best times to drink water?
4. Boost your body with food
Your diet plays a big role in making sure you have enough energy for the day. By eating a healthy diet, you can perform at your best every day.
Why lots of protein?
Protein is essential for long-lasting energy for the day. If you eat eggs or add protein powder to your oatmeal instead of just eating a carb-filled breakfast, you will stay awake and alert for longer in the day.
Why lots of fruit and vegetables?
Many fruits and vegetables provide a natural energy boost. Eating healthy, natural foods also helps your body perform at its best.
What are the best foods for energy?
Here are some foods that will help you gain and maintain healthy energy levels:
- Dark chocolate
- Fatty fish
- Sweet potatoes
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Goji berries
Leafy green vegetables
5. Push your body
Keeping active doesn’t only reduce your waistline. It also improves your energy and reduces your risk of various diseases. 2019 is a great year to hit the gym or do any other activity that gets you off the couch and your heartrate up.
When is the best time to exercise?
Exercise in the morning, or any time before 4 pm. After 4pm, exercise can disrupt your sleep. But - any exercise is better than no exercise!