Lion’s Mane Extract (Hericium Erinaceus)
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days
Lion’s Mane is an edible mushroom that can enhance mental clarity and performance. This top seller has gained popularity in today’s highly competitive society and is most often used to boost memory, focus, creativity, intelligence and motivation in healthy individuals.
Lion's mane is a true nootropic because it permanently enhances cognition by improving the brain’s ability and changing its structure by growing new neurons.
60 veg caps - One Vegetarian capsule provides:
Lion's Mane Mushroom (Hericium Erinaceus Extract) 500mg
10:1 Water Ethanol Extract
Fruiting Body used for Extraction
Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsule shell
As a food supplement, take 1 capsule, one to three times daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Typical dosage recommendation range from 500mg to 3000mg per day. Effects are seen over a period of time.
Lions mane is a true nootropic because it permanently enhances cognition by improving the brain’s ability and changing its structure by growing new neurons.
10:1 water and ethanol extraction
Only fruiting bodies used.
Key benefits includes:
- Enhances brain function
- May Protect Against Cancer
- Supports Heart and Circulatory System Health
- Might Improve Digestive Health
- Reduces Inflammation
- Acts as a Powerful Antioxidant
- Improves Mental Health and Overall Well-Being
- Improves Immune Function
- Might Be Useful for Managing Diabetes
How it works
Neural growth factors
- Lions mane increase NGF levels in the brain for enhanced neural grown, regeneration and synaptic plasticity. Plasticity is the ability of the brain to change and adapt to new information.
- Improves myelination around the neurons (the lipid/protein sheath) and leads to enhanced communications and nerve regeneration.
What is NGF?
NGF is a neurotropin, a secreted protein that is essential for the growth, maintenance, proliferation and survival of neurons. It is one of the primary building blocks for brain health.
Not having enough NGF leads to neural decay and eventual death of nerve cells.
The active compounds in lion’s Mane: erinacines and hericenones – they are responsible for stimulating NGF in the brain and small molecules that can easily cross the blood-brain barrier.
Commons side effect is a sensation of itchy skin, caused the nerve growth factor levels.
Side effects will vary by person and the dose. A higher dosage might cause a headache in some people.