Super Milk Thistle Complex
Milk Thistle is a liver-protective herb that can reduce liver damage caused by alcohol, rich food and/or certain medications. This flowering herb, which is related to the daisy, can help to stabilise blood sugar and cholesterol as well as reduce intestinal inflammation.
Our Super Milk Thistle Complex has been formulated to include dandelion root, artichoke and turmeric. This blend nourishes, detoxifies and repairs the liver. In addition, we’ve added Phosphatidylcholine to our product to greatly enhance its absorption and delivery.
One vegetarian capsule provides:
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) 300mg
Liver supporting blend:
Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale) 50mg
Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) 40mg
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) 40mg
Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsules
As a food supplement, take 2 capsules daily with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Milk Thistle is a liver-protective herb and can help reduce damage caused to your liver by alcohol, rich foods and certain medications.
Milk Thistle with phosphatidyl choline combination for increased absorption in the liver.
- While milk thistle is most often used for liver conditions, such as hepatitis and cirrhosis, the herb is also said to fight the following health issues.
- Increases the production of glutathione, a potent detoxifying agent.
- Stimulates the growth of new, healthy liver cells.
- Has the ability to regulate blood sugar levels and helps to prevent the progression of diabetes – related kidney disease.
- Gallbladder disorders by phase two detoxification of the liver.
- Decreases the severity of a hangover due to the ability to cleanse the liver.
- Improves liver function by keeping toxic substances from binding to liver cells
- May reduce high cholesterol
- May improve the severity of seasonal allergies.
- Relieves inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis
How it works
- Protect against damage to the liver by alcohol, drugs and toxins.
- Powerfully regenerates damaged liver tissue, essential for cirrhosis.
- Decreases chemical and environmental sensitivity in fibromyalgia.
- Potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger, protecting cells
- Liver detoxification, regeneration and protection from toxic damage.
- Reduced cholesterol levels in bile, helps to treat and prevent gallstones.
- Liver antioxidants that fights inflammation in bile ducts of gallbladder.
- Increases overall immune response, protect the liver against toxins and poisons.
- Increases the vital antioxidants glutathione and superoxide dismutase.
- Inhibits HIV replication through its anti-inflammatory properties.
THE ROLE OF THE PHOSPHATIDYL CHOLINE:
- Phosphatidylcholine in the Milk Thistle complex helps for better absoption of the silybin contained in the milk thistle. The phosphatidylcholine helps to improve the solubility of the bile and more silybin is delivered to liver and galbladder.
The formula also includes a liver supporting blend:
Dandelion root: Widely recognised as a liver tonic as it nourishes the liver. Aids skin problems as well as detoxify poisons and toxic waste in the body.
Artichoke: Helps to prevent stomach ulcers and cardiovascular disease. Cleanses the liver of toxins.
Turmeric: Helps to repair and regenerate the liver. Works as an anti-inflammatory as well.
Milk thistle may cause loose stool and abdominal bloating and indigestion.
Do not use in pregnancy, unless advised by health care professional.